Sunday, May 28, 2006

Arrrggghhhh! Farewell Boat Party!


Okay so by the sound of the party..."Farewell Boat Party" it makes me.you think that my semester here is almost over...which depending on your definition of "almost over" could be true but technically I believe that it still has plenty of time as well as potential. I still have a little over a month left in Europe, a week of which will be spent in Spain, and the remaining in Prague, Budapest, and possibly Vienna. Not for sure yet but I do plan on traveling after I return from Spain on the 18th of June. I leave the 1st of July and fly into Altanta where my family will be for Emily (my 16 yr old sis) is play vb in the Junior Olympics...she doesnt know I will be flying in there so keep it a surprise...DAD!!! Then I fly into Houston on July 5th... ahhh time has flown by...its crazy seriously! And then I will start working on the 10th for a month or so before Erins wedding ahhhh....real world is getting closer and im not sure if I a ready! I like this fairyland over here called Prague! I would probably have to say this is one of the best times of my life and I will never forget it...one due to my increasingly ridiculous abundance of pictures, and two due to my ever so sharp memory. But anyways I am having the time of my life and I couldn't ask for more!

Okay back to where I started with this blog...the Pirate Party....I guess my entire point to the previous paragraph was to say that although the boat party was technicallly a farewell party...I still have over a month left. Okay well so the day started off like any other...sculpture with Professor Snape...I only call him this because I have yet to figure out his real name and his resemblance to JK Rowlings Professor Snape is uncanny. Anyways, next Wednesday is our last class for that one and we will be getting our grades, which he said may be helped by a little scotch and cuban cigars...ummm...tempting! Anywasy, following sculpture last Wednesday, I came back to my room to prepare for the party. I proceeded to do 4 guys makeup...facial hair and a little eyeliner on Carl...and got dressed so we could start predrinking around 5 or 6ish. We had to leave for the boat at 6:30 so we finally made it up to Mac and Laura's room for Jungle Juice around 6 and hurried to drink a couple before departing. So at 6:30 we headed down to the lobby and met with the rest of the 200 pirates to make our way to the boat...yeah! Imagine you are wondering the streets of Prague minding your own business and you run into 200 Pirates..it might be a little scarey. Anyways we were welcomed to the boat with a little red bull and vodka and preceeded to drink the night away on as the boat sailed down the river. There were two bars on the ship and we got "dinner" served to us too. And around midnight there was a "czech surprise" and we got fireworks lit off the ship..and for somne reason unbeknownst to me we began to sing the star spangeled banner....the Americans of course. I really don't recall this but I have been told that I was present. Ha. Anyways around12:30 the boat docked after a solid 4.5 hours a sail and we dpearted. A group of us headed back to the dorms while the remaining crazies streeked (sp?) the Charles Bridge....ahh..Carl included. Great timesI wish I had my camera for that one. But anyways if you can not tell from the obnoxiously long description, we had a fabulous time. Now it is back to AutoCad for me until june 12th and some watercoloring...ahem...not finger painting. But we are living it up in our last weeks, and I do actually think that the day I get on the 119 bus for the last time to take me to the airport I will have a tear in my eye. No doubt.

But for now I am missing my family and friends back home and hoping everyone is doing great! I love you all and will talk to you soon!!! --Alli

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home