Saturday, April 01, 2006

I Played with the Animals!



Well this week/weekend has been pretty chill. Annie and are are leaving on Thursday to go to Paris...yeah, so we have been trying to get some of our school work done. We are both taking seven classes and the work is slowly catching up to us. But this weekend, on Firday Annie, Bryan and I wondered around town, shopped a little, and whatnot. It was a beautiful day and all the people are coming out. I know I am going to enjoy the Spring weather emensely! Anyways, so today, Saturday, Laura, Laura, Annie and I decided to make a day trip to the Prague zoo. We left around one.

As we entered the zoo there was a tally of 4000 some people that had entered already that day...anyways we proceeded through the zoo and had quite a day. We took several pictures of course of the animals and ourselves. Although I am not really a cat person, my favorite exhibit in the zoo has always been the big cats so I was excited to see the cheetahs, leopards, tigers, lions, etc. Annie's favorites were the elephants and penguins. I have compiled a small list of interesting/odd things about this zoo in particular, and I hope you find it at least a little bit entertaining:

1. There were pony rides through the zoo with little children?
2. I would say approx. 15% of the people in the zoo had brought their dogs...and it was completely normal? (even though this is expected, Czechs take their dogs everywhere)
3. The zoo is as hospitable to the visiting dogs as to the humans, they provide dog bowls of water placed sparatically throughout the zoo.
4. The fattest and heaviest animals, the elephants, were keep inside with a window of about 2' x 2' by which to view them through. It was a warm and beautiful day and I am unsure as to why they werent outside in the huge play area built for them.
5. The tallest animals were also keep inside with dirty windows with a two foot ledge in front of them so infortunately hard to see. Again they had an entire seperate land area for them that was not being used at all.
6. Everybody had ice cream. We couldnt feel left out, so we got some too!
7. They had two tiger cages completely on seperate sides of the park as well as the leopards.
8. And last but not least, the large cats all seemed to be passed out...sleeping..i hope at least, but evey one of them had a huge rawhide of some sort just laying out in their cage, so we assumed they were all asleep due to the large amount of raw meat they had just consumed.

Okay well most of the day was a success, exceot for the small mishap with the monkey cage. You see I was just wanting to take a picture of the monkey and so i put my camera up to the cage and my hand protruded slightly in the cage, before I knew it, there was a small chunk of my hand missing....i have to get rabi shots on monday.

okay okay fine you caught me....it wasnt the monkey it was a tiger...okay fine it wansnt my hand it was my leg...okay fine fine april fools....none of that happened, just thought i would throw a little lame april fools humor in there...but that is the story i used on my dad today. He bought it but didnt seem too worried and so when I told him it was a joke he laughed and said it would have been better to say the monkey stole my camera. You see my dad is a little stiff on money(he has to be he has three daughters and a wife) and as long as the camera cost more than the rabi shots, he would have been more upset if the camera was gone than if his eldest and brightest daughter's health and well being was put into danger. Oh well what can you do!

Okay well it is almost three in the morning and I think I should hit the sack....tomorrow we are going to visit Petron Hill with Pragues Eiffel Tower and a labrynth and maze of mirrors, which should be interesting to say the least. So Ciao for now and I will talk to you all soon. PS I got a states phone number that you can call me on....785-727-2242. Ahoj!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home