Saturday, March 04, 2006

Nothing TOOO Exciting!





Well, last time I left you, we had underwear hanging in our room, and we were expecting a debut at Wednesday nights Czech student presentation. Well, the panties dried, and I made it to the party Wed night alone without Annie, due to her overwhelming illness that lasted all of four days. She is currently recovering, and I have been so lucky as to retrieve the symptoms that she is getting over. So currently it is Saturday night, and Annie and I are both in our room watching movies. My movie, Ocean's Twelve, just ended and Annie is watching the rest of "Boondock Saints." Terribly entertaining, I know. My illness consists of a headache, one of those that makes you head feel 10x heavier than it is, and flulike symptoms. It is dreadful, but rather a slight nuisance. Annie is feeling bertter, and we hope that we are feeling better by tomorrow evening when 13 of us are headed to a real Czech Hockey game. These Czechs are crazy for their hockey. Annie's czech buddy helped us get the tickets.

Anyways Wednesday night's party was a success, even without Annie. The Czech students had their presentation and handed out shots of some sort at the door. Not my favorite due to the fact that the chaser was a piece of bread with salt on it...ummmm....! Anyways they had a few trivia games and asked students to come up on stage, and seeing as my Czeck buddy, Hanka was hosting it, I was destined to participate. But by the end of the presentation, I had won myself two free rum and cokes. That started off the night quite appropraitely. I decided after that, that I wanted a fancy drink, so I went to the flame spitting bartender and asked for a pina colada. He somehow got a Mojito out of that and so I was lucky enough to enjoy my first ever mojito which consists of some sort of leaves, lots of ice, lime juice, and of course some form of alcohol. I enjoyed it, but I really wanted my pina colada, so I went back and ordered it again. Got it this time only apparently they dont serve it froaen. Learned my lesson I guess...different cultures, different drinks. Oh well, so we spent the remainder of the night dancing. This all takes place at the PM club which we have parties at every Wednesday night. Next week it is the US and Costa Ricas turn to do presnetations. So we are handing out Jello shots at the door as well as teaching beer bong and beer pong. Plus giving some fabulous prizes away and teaching them some culture of the States. Should be quite entertaining. We shall see. I should have pictures.

Until then, I start taking my fine arts classes this week, which is what my schedule is consisting mostly of. I chose my studio professor, Plicka, and I will either be doing a urban design redevelopment in Prague or a Open Program building in Old Town Square...I have yet to decide for sure. But I have for sure picked, fine arts (color and composition), figure drawing (naked people), sculpture, photography, ornamentation, and computer graphics. So my schedule should be good to go. No class on Fridays which I am very happy about.

Okay well next time I write hopefully something fantastic will have happened, more so than this time, but I will have the hockey game to write about and the upcoming ski trip! So Ciao for now and leave a comment pppplease!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home