Sunday, February 26, 2006

Beginnings in Prague!



Well Annie and I got to Prague last Friday night, sorry it has taken me so much time to write this, I promise I will do better in the future! For the first few days we got organized in our room, and wandered around Prague. Its Beeautiful! Of course! It definitely has more modern technology than I was expecting, but maybe that was because I was in Italy where they don't believe in escalators or elevators. That makes me sounds lazy, but it really sucks when you have 200 lbs of luggage to carry. Anyways the public transportation system here is very nice. The subway is very clean and not very crowded which is a benefit. Plus it is cheap. As with everything in Prague. Very Cheap! Very good for Annie and I. Monday started off with a meeting with the ISC (International Student Club). They help us get everything ready, including setting up trips for us every week or so. This week was basically a travel and party week, so of course it has been fun! Monday night we had a HUGE party for all the new international students. Thats around 200 students I guesstimate. They had rented out a two story club for us with flame throwing bartenders and everything. Crazy. Needless to say we had a fabulous time! We spent the first half of the night drinking and the second half dancing our behinds off! Also, apparently when I have had a little too much to drink I believe that I can speak fluent Spanish. Great for me, I think I had conversations with all the Spaniards, Mexicans, and Costa Ricans that night, solely in Spanish. Fabulous! Anyways that night was great. Hummm...oh yes, Annie and I live in a flat with 4 other girls. Annie and I share a room, Leah(KSU) and Selesta(Mexico), and Olga(Russia) and Mystery girl(Finalnd). We are usually in our room though. Although six girls sharing one bathroom might become an issue. Im sure well survive. Okay well I think thats about it for now!!! I will write later about my travels this week, and feel free to leave comments. I love comments! Also I have tons of pictures on facebook if you are on facebook, but if not just email me, and I will let you know how else you can see them! Ciao!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home