Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Italy



Well I arrived in Rome Saturday morning Feb. 12th. Katie and Megan picked up Annie and I at the airport and we headed home to pass out. We stayed with the girls in Orvieto in their apartment. It was cute! We got to see everybody during hte week we were there as well as all the kids at Santa Ciara_Castiglionne Florentino. The two Italian towns they are staying in are small and quaint. I loved the gelati...of course, who doesn't. We made a trip to Rome on Tuesday and took all day exploring, I have fabulous pictures of it! But when Firday the 17th came around, Annie and I were definitely ready to get to our own place. We we tired of living out of suitcases, but were going to miss the Italian culture and people. We plan on returning this semester to see Naples, Florence, Venice, Milan, and maybe more! I complied a list of a few things, I liked, disliked about my first weeek! Here it goes!

Things I liked/loved:
1. gelati (of of course)
2. italian old women with big fur coats and fabulous bug sunglasses
3. the language, which I used when I could
4. the historic culture
5. the Italian kids (under the age of 5, they all have pea coats and little italian boots..I want one)
6. the dogs (everybody as a dog, its fabulous)
7. the fact that you can buy gelati for one coin ( a 2 euro coin)
8. Roma_gorgeous (probably St Peters was my favorite, but i liked it all)
9. the convenience of public transportation
10. white wine cheaper than water

Things I didnt really like:
1. Damn european plug ins (why cant we all just agree on one)
2. the smell sometimes...of the people
3. the dirtiness of the public transportation
4. when i couldn't find gelati
5. when i just wanted water and it was more expensive than wine
6. the sitting fee at restaurants as well as paying for the bread
7. the fact that there are cats roamiung around everywhere without people...ewww
8. when they wrap their babies in plastic covers when they are in strollers???(inhumane)

That may be it! But I did have a fabulous time for 6 days and for the most part the weather was good to us! Ciao!

1 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

Well, if you thought some of the people in Italy were smelly, you just wait until late April in Prague. Then we'll discuss smellies.

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home