Sunday, March 12, 2006

Weekend Ski Trip!



Well lets see...we took off 10 am on Friday morning and made it to our little Czech ski town around 1 pm where we had to make a short hike up a very icey hill to our hostel. Annie and I managed to get a two person room..how romantic, I know! Annie and I watched some Czech TV, which is so fabulous by the way and passed out. We got up in time to head into town for some last night cruising. When I say head into town I mean ice skate a mile down hill into town trying your very hardest not to biff it on the ice....I managed for now. Anyways we heade to a bar.club/bowling alley and had a couple drinks and smoked some melon flavored tobacco from a hookah. A new experience for me and not too bad. I took pictures of course.

We ended that night semi early and tried to sleep..little did we know we wouldnt make it to bed until around 6 am due to some disorderly conduct from the german/czech boys across the hall. When I say boys what I really mean is 20 some year olds acting like they are in middle school. They were running up and down the halls, and after I stuck my head out to ask them to be quite they persisted on knocking down our door and keeping us up for literaly...no exaggereation, 4 more hours. I didnt get it, they wouldnt go into their room and they opened the fire hose and it started spraying...we were rather ticked off...as ticked off as Annie and I can get. Anyways needless to say we didnt get up early the next day and didnt make it to the slopes til later. We managed to walk through the little town and take pics of the massive amounts of snow that have accumulated over which seems to be years. It was very entertaining. By the end of the trip I had skied without falling...miraculously even though I had flown over some "mini mogals", that is what I like to call them..I am sure they were just small imperfections in the snow accumulations during the days. Who knows but they were almost the cause of several mishaps. I survived however.

We packed all of our stuff this morning and got ready to leave and had to skate again down the hill with our luggage in tow because the bus could not make it up our hill....so just to make the trip a bit more entertaining I thought I would walk hastily with my luggage down the oh so slippery hill side and bite it in front of all 50 of my international friends. I did it purely to entertain, i sware...well I will say what I said when it happened...it hurt my ego more that my ass! SO I didnt make it through the trip with out a "trip"...oh what a play on words...im a nerd!

Anyways sorry i had no exciting stories of a tree run in or a snow leopard spotting, but it was a fun weekend and I am glad to be back.....I missed my interent, is that possible? I had dreams about it? Is that normal. I am pretty sure it is...just trust me! Okay well it is off to class for 4 days before Krakow, Poland...yeah! Wihs me luck, more naked drawings, and I start scuplture, which should be interesting too!! Ciao for now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home