Monday, March 03, 2008

It's Beginning to Look a lot like Christmas?


WHAT? Yeah I know, that is what I am thinking. I mean I know I moved to Denver, but seriously?...apparently (as always from my very reliable source) we have had about 140% of the snowfall that we normally do here in Denver (of course my first winter). Now in the mountains is fine when i am skiing and there is fresh powder, that is great. But when I start sliding off the freeway and my breaks lock...it is not cool. If you do not currently live here, it was only one day but it was snowy and icy weather about a day after it was 70 here in Denver? And I thought Kansas weather was schizophrenic...who knew?

Anyways so if you didn't know now...I am ready for summer, but this past weekend I was on a ski trip with my firm for the annual Ski Race Fundraiser for Athletes with Disabilities (don't quote me on that but it was something similar.) Anyways we raced and got second in our heat which isn't enough to move on to the next round...but it was fun and we had VIP passes for the whole weekend which meant for us (Me, Sarah, Mackenzie, Katie, and Ben) we had free booze and food all weekend. (that equalled one cheap drunk night Saturday night) But the skiing there in Winter Park was great and my skis fit correctly this weekend which made it all the better.
Anyways, quick work update. Since I started at JG Johnson Architects in June (June 11th to be exact...people should know that is a very important date) I have been working on two projects mainly. One being 20 3-story townhomes in Avon/Vail/Beaver Creek, CO. It is a small project but a lot of fun and the clients are pretty cool so the design should be pretty awesome. More contemporary than most "mountain architecture" up there. But seeing as they will be too expensive for even my boss to afford, I have no hopes of ever owning one...which is sad, because they will be sweet! And similar to our 24 Walnut Townhomes.


Second project I am working on is the new "W" Hotel in Lower Downtown Denver. Sweet again. The hotel company is again pretty badass and is all about sleek modern design, with a lot of emphasis on the interiors. We are just moving into DDs but are pretty ahead not to mention the project is done completely in BIM which rocks my socks off. It is a huge project for our firm so I feel lucky to be on the team. When it is completed I will be honored to have been a part of it. (Picture is of a rendering for the Atlanta W)
Anyways that is all for now. I am really busy at work with both of these projects not to mention I am currently coaching a 5 week volleyball coach for middle shhoolers. I hope to pick up more volleyball coaching jobs after this seeing as I thoroughly enjoy it.
My parents and little sister come into town in two weeks and possibly my grandparents which I am very excited for. I will try to convince my sister to move up here. And in May i am hoping to make a 21st birthday trip to Vegas with Maddie and my mom. That could be one crazy weekend if you know my sister and my mom at all. Also in June I will be heading home for Emily' graduation and at the end of June I will be in Huron, SD for a wedding. So much traveling which I will take as it comes.

Well...other than that HAPPY MONDAY and question for the day is:
-how do you answer your phone at work? "This is Allison" is my response, however, most people know who they are calling, so i am not sure that is the best response. Let me know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home