Thursday, July 24, 2008

And so....I just ran!

So an update on the running since I haven't been very good about talking about it. Sooo, i was worried for a long time...mostly because I procrastinated starting training until it was pretty late. So I attempted to cram 2 and a half months training into one month. We will see how that works out when the time comes for me to run 13.2 or whatever it calculates out to be miles!

So I have been running everyday except maybe a day or two each week now and am feeling a lot better about it. I found my perfect running speed to where I feel like I can keep going. I ran too and from volleyball last night and still had plenty of energy to play which felt nice. I have found my good running paths. The only thing I am weary of is the hills. I pray they aren't bad...and even if they are I hope that the elevation decrease will help me overcome that.

I run down 7ths street to Colorado Blvd and back for a good 4 mile run and I will run to and from Monaco this weekend. (a little over 7 miles) Probably saturday night before...drum roll please...the Dark Knight in IMAX. For me I am all about the weather and time of day when I run! So anywhoo, I am slowly trying to piece together how my body prefers to run. Like what I should eat...how much and how long before, and what time of day, etc. Haven't figured it al out yet, but hopefully soon!

So if I make it to the finish line, I am going to buy myself a present...don't know what it is yet, but maybe a bike! Who knows. I am also going to try to run the whole way which means keeping a good pace.

I will definitely let you know!

1 Comments:

Blogger mack said...

yay! Glad it's going well. I'm with ya on the hills. Kinda worried about that. The elevation difference and the adrenaline from being in the race with all these runners around will hopefully help even more!

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home